TAMPA, Fla., March 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, announced today the appointment of Donald R. Mincey and Carlos R. Perez as senior managers to lead its growing Commercial Real Estate lending team in Florida.
In addition, TD Bank has added experienced lenders Mario A. Facella, Sean C. Dunne and G. Alex Haw, as well as new credit managers C. Kyle Moore, Stephanie Remigio, Gus Varona and Gina Rodriguez, to serve commercial real estate clients in key metro markets across Florida.
TD Bank's Commercial Real Estate team focuses on serving the financial needs of high quality, top-tier and well-capitalized developers, professional managers, and owner/operators of investment real estate. Specific core asset classes include multi-family, office, retail, and industrial properties. The experienced team offers a broad array of solutions including commercial term loans, construction loans, revolving lines of credit, letter of credit, and bridge loans.
"We see the strength and growth potential of Florida's commercial real estate market, and we're excited to expand our presence in the region with the addition of these talented individuals," said Gregg Gerken, head of TD Bank's Commercial Real Estate business. "Our approach at TD is to focus on deepening relationships with customers and knowing their business well, to the point where we bring advice and solutions well beyond what they would expect of a capital provider. The success of our model is demonstrated by the growth of our talented team in Florida."
Donald R. Mincey has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Regional Director for Commercial Real Estate (CRE), Florida. In his new role, he will continue to lead the bank's Florida CRE team in Tampa, Boca Raton and Coral Gables, and manage the full range of CRE's finance activities in the state.
Mincey has 39 years of experience in banking and lending. He joined TD Bank in 2008 and most recently served as SVP-CRE. Prior to joining the bank, Mincey managed the west coast of Florida for the Investment Real Estate Division at National City Bank. He has existing and prior affiliations with the Real Estate Investment Council in Tampa, the International Council of Shopping Centers and is past Chairman of the Tampa Bay chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties. Mincey is the former Chairman of Neighborhood Lending Partners, a $100 million consortium of regional lenders financing affordable housing projects across Florida.
A Tampa resident, Mincey serves as Metro Board Member of Young Life in Tampa and has volunteered with the Metropolitan Ministries Holiday Campaign, Special Olympics and United Way. He is a graduate of Western Carolina University.
Carlos R. Perez has been promoted to Vice President, Team Credit Manager, and will manage and supervise the Credit Management staff of Commercial Real Estate – Florida. His staff is responsible for underwriting new loans, portfolio management, reporting and data integrity, and special projects.
Based in Boca Raton, Perez has 26 years of banking and credit management experience. He joined TD Bank in 2013 as CRE-FL Team Credit Manager after serving as a Senior Credit Underwriter at Seacoast National Bank in Boca Raton. Perez also served in management roles in the Credit Departments at Bank of America and Barnett Bank of South Florida.
A Boca Raton resident, Perez is a 1988 graduate of the University of Florida.
New additions to the Commercial Real Estate lending team include:
- Mario A. Facella, who as a Senior Lender leads Commercial Real Estate loan originations and activities covering South Florida, primarily focused on Broward and Palm Beach counties. Based in Boca Raton, he will provide streamlined solutions in both real estate credit and non-credit banking products offered through TD Bank. Facella has 24 years of banking and lending experience. He serves on the Board and is President Elect of the CLEO Institute, and is a Board Member and Past President of Fairchild Palms. A Wellington, Fla., resident, Facella holds an MBA from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. He is originally from Great Falls, Va.
- Sean C. Dunne, who as Vice President, Senior Lender will provide Commercial Real Estate loans to clients across a region that includes Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and southwest Florida. He is based in Tampa. Prior to joining TD Bank, Dunne served in a similar role at Bank of America, Raymond James Bank and National City Bank, all in the Tampa region. A resident of Tampa, he is a 1997 graduate of Villanova University in Philadelphia.
- G. Alex Haw, who will provide Commercial Real Estate loans in South Florida, primarily to clients in Miami-Dade County, in his role as Vice President, Senior Lender. Based in Coral Gables, he also is experienced in real estate workouts and commercial mortgage backed securities as well as project finance in the energy sector. Haw served in a similar role at Bank of America before joining TD Bank. A Miami Beach resident, he is active in the Urban Land Institute. Haw received an MBA from the University of South Carolina and an undergraduate degree from Washington & Lee University.
The Commercial Real Estate department's credit management team also is expanding:
- Gus A. Varona is a Vice President, Senior Credit Manager, based in Boca Raton. He is responsible for performing in-depth credit analysis of highly diverse, complex loans and working closely with Relationship Managers on loan structures, credit policies and underwriting. Varona has 26 years of combined experience in banking and real estate. Prior to joining TD Bank, he served in a similar role at OptimumBank in Fort Lauderdale and Key Bank in Miami. A Pembroke Pines, Fla., resident, Varona serves as President of the 46-team West Pines United Futbol Club. Originally from Las Vegas, he is a 1987 graduate of the University of Nevada – Las Vegas.
- Stephanie Remigio is a Vice President, Credit Manager I who will work closely with relationship managers to provide underwriting, portfolio management, credit approval and loan administration support. Remigio has 16 years of experience in banking and credit. She joined TD Bank in 2013 as a Credit Analyst after serving in a similar role at Bank of America in Tampa. A Tampa resident and native, Remigio is a 2006 graduate of the University of South Florida and a 1998 graduate of Robinson High School in Tampa.
- C. Kyle Moore will serve as Vice President, Credit Manager, based in Tampa. He is responsible for structuring and underwriting new deals, completing approval packages, renewals and extensions as well as a range of portfolio monitoring duties. Moore has almost nine years in banking and portfolio management. He joined TD Bank in 2012. Before that, Moore served as a Portfolio Manager at Bank of America and a Credit Analyst at LaSalle Bank. A Tampa resident, Moore is active in the University of Florida Bergstrom Council in Tampa, and in the Young Professionals Group with both the Real Estate Investment Council (REIC) and Urban Land Institute (ULI) in Tampa. He holds an MBA (2012) and undergraduate degree (2005) from the University of Florida.
- Gina Rodriguez is an Assistant Vice President, Credit Analyst III, based in Coral Gables in South Florida. She is responsible for providing underwriting, portfolio management and loan administration support to relationship managers. Rodriguez has 13 years of commercial banking and lending experience. She joined TD Bank in 2011 as a Portfolio Manager and Loan Officer in commercial banking. Before that, Rodriguez served in similar roles at First Bank Florida and Banco Popular in Puerto Rico. A Miami resident, she holds an MBA from InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131120/MM21057LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/td-bank-expands-commercial-real-estate-group-in-florida-300054238.html
SOURCE TD Bank