HONG KONG, Oct. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Sources' (NASDAQ: GSOL) fall 2013 fashion shows opened today at Hong Kong's AsiaWorld-Expo. As Asia's leading trade shows dedicated to fashion-related products, the four co-located events are China Sourcing Fairs: Fashion Accessories, Garments & Textiles, Underwear & Swimwear and India Sourcing Fair: Garments & Accessories and run until Oct. 30.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20030303/LNM011LOGO-b )
"The China Sourcing Fairs fashion series are Asia's premier one-stop sourcing platform for fashion products and the majority of exhibitors are direct manufacturers," said Tommy Wong, President of Global Sources Exhibitions. "Offering head-to-toe items for all seasons, the shows this fall feature Asia's leading pavilions for scarves, and sweaters and knitwear," he added.
Reflecting a 13.4 percent annual increase in exports of clothing and accessories from China in the first half of 2013, this year's shows have seen booth numbers increase to 1,300 with the belts and footwear pavilion increasing in size by 20 percent while the underwear pavilion has seen a 19 percent increase in size.
Wong said, "With the value of the global apparel and accessories retail market expected to reach an estimated US$1.36 trillion in 2017, it is no surprise that buyers from some of the world's leading fashion brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Bestseller, Bossini, Cotton On, Diesel, El Corte Ingles, Folli Follie, Gap, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren and Swarovski have pre-registered to attend to look for next season's hot sell items.
"The global apparel and accessories retail market is in healthy shape and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 4 percent by 2017. Our Fairs give international buyers and quality exhibitors in the industry an ideal platform to meet, trade and benefit from this booming market."
On-site services extend buyer and supplier benefits
To help buyers and exhibitors meet and do business more effectively, Global Sources is organizing a series of special on-site activities at the Fairs. These include:
- Trends Forum in Hall 10 features color forecasts alongside showcases demonstrating the latest color and style trend forecasts by industry experts Pantone and Fashion Snoops.
- Product Showcase in Hall 7 features hundreds of fashion items helping exhibitors reach quality buyers and gain more sales opportunities.
- Seminars on sourcing and trends hosted by industry professionals share sourcing tips and keep attendees abreast of the latest global trends and color forecasts.
- Private Sourcing Events allow pre-selected exhibitors exclusive opportunities to meet large global companies in private during the shows. Sourcing teams from buyers including Aurora, Bossini, C&A, El Corte Ingles, Future Group, Groupe Zannier, Kmart, Lindex, METRO GROUP, and Redcats are scheduled to participate, representing combined annual sales of more than US$143.1 billion.
- VIP buyer office suites provide selected buyers with an on-site mobile office which greatly enhances their sourcing effectiveness at the show.
Opening times for the China Sourcing Fairs in Hong Kong are:
- Oct. 27-29 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 30 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Buyers can find more information, including details about free transport to the venue and back, at the China Sourcing Fairs website: http://www.chinasourcingfair.com.
For more information about Global Sources, please visit the company's corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), print and digital magazines, sourcing research reports, private sourcing events, and trade shows.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Global Sources' other businesses provide Chinese-language media to companies selling to and within Greater China. These services include online web sites, print and digital magazines, seminars and trade shows. In mainland China, Global Sources has a network of more than 30 office locations and a community of more than 4 million registered online users and magazine readers of its Chinese-language media.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
SOURCE Global Sources