Bradford Networks Soars on BYOD Demand in FY 2013
Bradford Networks Soars on BYOD Demand in FY 2013
Integrations With Security, Mobile Management and Wired/Wireless Vendor Solutions Create BYOD Ecosystem and Help Drive Record Revenues for NAC Leader
CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwired - Jul 22, 2013) - Bradford Networks, the best choice to secure network access for BYOD, today announced that it achieved record revenue in FY 2013. These results were driven by strong demand for solutions that comprehensively address bring-your-own-device (BYOD) security concerns, together with Bradford Networks' patented technology, integration capabilities, and strong focus on its loyal customer base and channel partners. Bradford Networks is the recognized network access control (NAC) vendor of choice for education institutions, and the company gained significant traction in key industries such as healthcare, financial, government, retail, and manufacturing in 2013. More than 900 customers now depend on Bradford Networks' patented Network Sentry solution for complete visibility and control over the devices and users on their networks.
Key highlights of Bradford Networks' fiscal year 2013 include:
- Bradford Networks announced strategic technology partnerships and integrations with industry leading security, mobility, and wired/wireless vendors to provide organizations with an integrated BYOD ecosystem. New partners include AirWatch, Brocade, FireEye, Fortinet, Palo Alto, and Xirrus.
- Fifteen new channel partners joined Bradford Networks' worldwide distribution network in 2013, including the following resellers: Atom Creek, CipherWire Networks, Compu-Tutor, ConsulTech, Hi-Wire, InNet, JDL Technologies, Fine Tec, Nametek, Netvious, PC Solutions, Secure Sense, Solid Border, TechStrata, VLCM, and Wireless Watchdogs.
- Network Sentry 6.0 was named 'Best Buy' by SC Magazine in its group test for "Network Access Control," outscoring all 14 other vendors including ForeScout, Hitachi ID Systems, McAfee, NetIQ, and Quest.
- Company positioned by Gartner, Inc. as a Visionary in the 2012 "Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control1."
- Bradford Networks completed 266 customer deals in fiscal year 2013. Key new customers include Advanced Systems Group, Boston Pizza International, ChinaTrust Bank, Global Health Exchange, HD Supply, National Penn Bank, Old Republic International Corp, South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce, US District Court (Western District of Texas), and more.
- As the vendor of choice for educational institutions, new educational customers in 2013 include: Ave Maria School of Law, California Northstate University College of Medicine, East Brunswick Public Schools (NJ), Johns Hopkins University (Applied Physics Laboratory), Las Virgenes Unified School District, Magdalen College School (UK), University of Cape Town (South Africa), and others.
"2013 showed us that there is a vital need for integrated BYOD solutions that enable visibility and automated control at the edge of the network," said Dan Haley, CEO of Bradford Networks. "As our record results show, by partnering with the industry leading vendors and creating an integrated ecosystem for secure BYOD, Bradford Networks is clearly at the forefront of the market. In 2014 we will continue to enhance our SmartEdge ecosystem, and will extend the breadth and depth of our global distribution channels to ensure that we are positioned to take full advantage of the market potential. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank our customers, employees and partners for making this the best year ever for Bradford Networks."
- In September, Bradford Networks released Network Sentry 6.0, which provides enhanced automation and ease of use functionality for BYOD.
- In October, Bradford Networks launched its cloud-based Network Sentry/Analytics service, which analyzes long-term network access data to provide a unique perspective on BYOD trends. To date, more than 70 customers have signed up for the service.
- In March, Bradford Networks revolutionized the BYOD market with the release of the Network Sentry SmartEdge Platform. The Platform enables industry-leading security, mobility management, and wired/wireless vendors to integrate with Network Sentry to extend and enhance BYOD visibility, control, and automated remediation out to the very edge of customers' networks.
- In May, the company announced Network Sentry's support for eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) to enable universities worldwide to provide secure network access for both their own domain users and visiting eduroam users.
- In June, the company was granted two new U.S. patents for its BYOD technology innovations.
"As network access control becomes the lynchpin for BYOD success, our partnership with Bradford Networks enables IntegraOne to offer complete, competitive solutions for BYOD that address our customers' needs and environments," said Marty Andrefski, president of IntegraOne. "Our partnership with Bradford Networks enabled us to generate significant new business for IntegraOne in 2013 and we look forward to expanding our partnership in 2014 and beyond."
Looking ahead to 2014:
According to the "Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control" report, Gartner expects "market growth of approximately 63 percent in 2013, with approximate revenue of $390 million as businesses are spending on mobile device management (MDM) and NAC as the primary means for meeting demand for use of personally owned smartphones and tablets, while containing risk." 1
Bradford Networks is poised to increase its share of the NAC market in 2014 and beyond.
- Product Innovation: New versions of Network Sentry due to be released in the fall 2013 will focus on ease-of-use, BYOD-specific features and functionality. Bradford Networks will also enhance its cloud-based NAC offering.
- Ecosystem Partners & Integrations: The Company will further expand its SmartEdge ecosystem and will announce additional integrations with leading security, mobile device management (MDM) and network infrastructure vendors.
- Distribution Channels: Bradford Networks will continue to strengthen its relationships with its resellers, and will extend its channels activities to work with leading distributors, system integrators, and add additional OEM integrations and partnerships.
- Global Expansion: The Company will expand its global footprint to sell Network Sentry into key regions beyond Australia, Bahamas, Canada, Iceland, Ireland, Malaysia, Norway, Spain, Tasmania, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States. To support this growth, Bradford Networks plans to increase its headcount by approximately 30 percent in 2014.
1 Source: Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control" by Lawrence Orans, John Pescatore, December 3, 2012.
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's patented Network Sentry solution is the first network security offering that can automatically identify all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Network Sentry is used by more than 900 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
Network Sentry is a trademark of Bradford Networks, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.