New Version Built for Rapid Adoption Through Streamlined Interface, Android Support, and Industry-Leading Subscription Model
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 5, 2012) - TransGaming Inc. (TSX VENTURE:TNG), the global leader in the multiplatform deployment of video games, today announced it has launched a major upgrade to GameTree™ TV that delivers a streamlined, socially-focused experience, and fully shifts the platform to a subscription-only business model. In addition, GameTree TV, TransGaming's premier on-demand video games platform for Connected TV, now supports Google's widely adopted Android operating system.
This launch of the upgraded GameTree TV platform is an important milestone in TransGaming's development roadmap to deliver a ubiquitous, immersive experience towards increasing user adoption and consumer stickiness across multiple systems and providers. Full support for Android gives GameTree TV the ability to be deployed on the system of choice for many next generation set-top boxes and over-the-top devices. Highlights of the upgraded GameTree TV platform include:
- An enhanced user interface that further builds upon the innovative connected living room experience.
- Support for Android, which further pushes the platform into new growth areas.
- A monthly subscription-only service priced at EUR4,99 that delivers a continually refreshed catalogue starting at 40 games included in the price.
- Full multi-screen gameplay capability that seamlessly allows players to use their tablets and smartphones as second screens and controllers.
- Strong social connectivity, offering a compelling reason for users to subscribe and play with friends.
- Continual updates with additional social features to be added in the coming months.
Free, the top-tier broadband service operator based in France, will be the first to benefit from the new GameTree TV platform before TransGaming releases it to other distribution partners in the coming months. GameTree TV's usage has grown consistently since launch on Free with over 525,000 unique user downloads and in excess of 5,000,000 minutes of play time to-date.
"With this upgrade of GameTree TV, we have fully transitioned our business model to a subscription-only service at EUR4,99 per month for over 40 games, representing the best value of any content available on Free today. The addition of Android support means we can easily deliver this unparalleled experience on even more providers worldwide," said Vikas Gupta, CEO & President of TransGaming, Inc. "This is the most important GameTree TV release since the initial launch last year. We expect overall ARPU to increase and new opportunities with Android to materialize. This also sets the foundation for a roadmap of incredible features and capabilities that will be deployed in the coming months."