I guess we have the catalyst related to CNE, see their nr today. The result is better than anticipated and now our area is de-risked. It makes me think that's why they wanted our block :)

 

From CNE news today

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Dec. 4, 2012) - Canacol Energy Ltd. ("Canacol" or the "Corporation") (TSX:CNE) (BVC:CNEC) is pleased to announce the results of its Agueda 1 ST exploration well on the Labrador prospect on the LLA23 Exploration and Production ("E&P") Contract, located immediately to the north of the Corporation's Rancho Hermoso field in the Llanos Basin of Colombia. Unlike the Rancho Hermoso field, which is governed by contracts with Ecopetrol S.A., the LLA23 contract is governed by the Agencia Nacional de Hidrocarburos, which receives a variable base royalty beginning in an 8% related to gross production resulting in 2-3 times better netbacks and reserve valuations than those available under the Rancho Hermoso tariff and non-tariff contracts. The Corporation has an 80% operated working interest in the LLA23 contract, with Petromont Colombia S.A, Sucursal Colombia holding the remaining 20% interest. The Agueda 1 ST exploration well targeted various reservoir intervals within the Labrador prospect, situated approximately 5 kilometers to the north of the Corporation's Rancho Hermoso field. The Agueda 1 ST encountered 70 feet of oil pay within the C7, Lower Gacheta, and Ubaque reservoirs, all of which are productive to the south in the Rancho Hermoso field. A production test of the Lower Gacheta reservoir yielded 1,832 barrels of gross oil per day (1,466 barrels of net oil per day for Canacol) of 28 degree API light oil.

Charle Gamba, President and CEO of Canacol, stated "We are pleased by these positive results, which set up the potential to access meaningful near term light oil production and cash flow from the LLA 23 contract. The Labrador discovery is one of 6 prospects that we have identified on the LLA23 block on the basis of recently acquired 3D seismic, and we are very satisfied that the first one we drilled encountered a significant light oil accumulation. Once we have the proper drilling permits in hand, we plan to aggressively drill this block to grow our production base in Colombia during 2013."

Agueda 1 ST Results

The Aguesda 1 ST was spud on October 30, 2012 and reached a total depth of 11,130 feet measure depth ("ft md") on November 17, 2012. The original Agueda 1 well, drilled in 2007, was re-entered and sidetracked to drill the Labrador prospect. The Labrador prospect was identified on recently acquired 3D seismic, with the Agueda 1 ST testing the C7, Gacheta, and Ubaque reservoirs in a structural position structurally up dip of the original Agueda 1 well.

The Agueda 1 ST encountered 70 feet ("ft") of net oil pay in the following reservoirs: 10 ft of net oil pay in the C7 reservoir with an average porosity of 23%; 42 ft of net oil pay within the Lower Gacheta reservoirs with an average porosity of 30%; and 18 ft of net oil pay within the Ubaque reservoir with an average porosity of 26%.

The Lower Gacheta was perforated in 3 separate intervals, and produced at a gross rate of 1,832 bopd (1,466 bopd net for Canacol) of 28 degree API light oil with 0.6 % water cut, 43 thousand cubic feet per day of gas and a GOR of 24 standard cubic feet per barrel of oil during a 48 hour production test.