Fellow longs - I am merely sharing to ease some minds. No matter what nonsense the shorts try to promulgate to drive the price down, the facts still remain:
1. THERE IS A LOT OF PROVEN OIL ON NZ OWNED LAND.
2. THEY ALREADY HAVE 400 PLUS BARRELS PER DAY AT APPROX. 75 BUCKS NETBACK (imagine what the netback will be when Iran is attacked - which is just a matter of time - 100 netback, 125 netback, 150 netback, ??? Don't get me wrong ... I do not like war, but it seems inevitable and thus, netbacks will possibly double for NZ) - this is something that the shorts cannot prevent.
3. APPROX. 42 MILLION SHARES ARE OWNED BY MANAGEMENT - highly unlikely that they will allow their cash to vaporize. You can mark my words that they are analyzing EVERYTHING ten times over before making the very best choices for shareholders (of which they are possibly the largest holders of stock).
4. THEY HAVE AMAZING NEIGHBORS (TAG OIL) WHO HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL BE OPENING THE CHOKES ON THEIR WELLS (they have been keeping the chokes small) - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT NZ MANAGEMENT IS NOT DOING THE SAME (they are a lot more intelligent than most people give them credit for). WON'T THE SHORTS POO THEMSELVES IF / WHEN NEWS COME OUT THAT WE ACTUALLY HAVE THREE TIMES AS MUCH OIL PER DAY THAN THEY THINK.
5. MANAGEMENT KNOWS THE GAME BETTER THAN WE DO --- WHO KNOWS THE GAMEPLAN BETTER THAN THEM? WE CAN MERELY SPECULATE ... THEY KNOW THE ENTIRE GAMEPLAN. If they purchased the Origin property, then you can guarantee that there is a reason for it. It may seem like a bad plan to us for the simple fact that WE SEE THROUGH THE GLASS DARKLY --- they see the big picture. I asked myself, why on earth would they spend money that could be used for drilling? And this is where I step back --- look at the BIG PICTURE AS BEST I CAN (management is heavily invested) and then realize that IT IS FOR A GOOD REASON. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE VALUE OF THE ORIGIN PROPERTY IF IRAN IS ATTACKED AND NETBACK SUDDENLY DOUBLES? I don't think we will be crying in our beers then!!! THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING MANAGEMENT DOES --- and may I add that THEY ARE DOING IT VERY WELL AND ARE VERY STRAIGHTFORWARD / TIMELY WITH THEIR NEWS RELEASES (far better than many companies).
***All that to say, sleep easy my fellow longs ... sleep easy ... we are in good hands!!!