- Grampa lives in a ghost gold mining town but stayed on to continue mining with his granddaughter [Anne Baxter].
- A gang on the run headed by Gregory Peck & Richard Widmark turn up in town.
- The gang demands all Grampa’s gold but Peck agrees that Grampa can keep 50%.
- Slippery Widmark reneges on the deal & Peck switches sides.
- It seems that Grampa’s granddaughter may have been the deciding factor……
A good character part by Grampa …… the above link is the official trailer from 1948.
Perhaps paying $20m for $20% of Metanor’s gold was a good deal for shareholders.