Bayfield Drills 26.5m of 8.82 g/t Au and 39.44 g/t Ag and Extends East Burns Zone 55m in Rainy River, NW Ontario
This should make for an interesting open tomorrow.
East Burns - Intrepid Zone Highlights:
- Hole RR12-34 returns 26.50 metres grading 8.82 g/t gold and 39.44 g/t silver including 11.60 metres of 17.04 g/t gold and 79.07 g/t silver at East Burns - Intrepid Zone.
- This is the best drill interval to date at this rapidly expanding zone and extends high grade mineralization 55 metres down-plunge from previously reported hole RR12-30 which returned 19.60 metres of 5.45 g/t gold and 20.63 g/t silver.
- Bayfield continues to explore the down-plunge extension of this robust mineralized zone interpreted to be the lower portion of Rainy River's Intrepid Zone.
- Further step-out drilling to the southwest is ongoing to test the high grade gold-silver zone which remains open down-dip and displays tendency for increasing grade at depth.
- Gold-silver mineralization is consistently being found on eastern portion of Burns property within a 50 to 70 metre wide zone of shearing, sericite-silica alteration and polymetallic base metal sulphide mineralization.