GB, my rough assessment of my investment in AME is this. I bought a couple of times but my average cost is 22 cents. This is pretty grim when you see that it is sliding day by day and will probably be 12 cents by year end. My money has been tied up for 3 years already and I have not played the trading game because of a poor understanding of the situation and a misplaced hope in management. If the mine goes ahead, I see 40 cents as a stock price but considering the risk and the long time delay, it really is a poor choice for speculation. If the mine goes ahead, it will be at least 4-5 year wait for production and that will make it an 8 year wait. So, under the best of curcumstances,  the compound rate of return will be in the 10% range - a poor performance by any standard given the risk in this investment. A buyout now would be a disaster for shareholders as the market value is so low it is a virtual giveaway. Contrast this with Mr Excel's pay and you will realize that not all stakeholders in this company are losing money - it's the usual thing, shareholders take the risk and are at the back of the bus when it comes to reward....