About the new requirement:
- Previously, your name and address information in our files allowed us to
apply a reduced withholding rate to your Canadian-sourced income payments.
- Under the new regulations, however, we will need to have a Canadian
non-resident tax form(s) on file in order for you to be eligible for the
- Please note: Unless we receive the appropriate documentation, we will need
to withhold the full statutory tax rate of 25% on your Canadian-sourced income.
To ensure you receive the appropriate tax withholding, we urge you to act
- Note: If you have an account with more than one account holder, such as a
Joint Account, all parties must complete separate forms.
Take action to avoid additional tax withholding:
1. Choose the appropriate form for your particular circumstances as
different forms apply to different situations. Please consult with your tax
advisor to determine which form to use. The forms include:
- NR301 – Declaration of Eligibility for Benefits under a Tax Treaty for a
- NR302 – Declaration of Eligibility for Benefits under a Tax Treaty for a
Partnership with Non-Resident Partners
- NR303 – Declaration of Eligibility for Benefits under a Tax Treaty for a
You can also find these forms, along with the answers to frequently asked
questions, on the CRA's website: www.cra-arc.gc.ca
2. Complete the applicable form and return it to us as soon as possible
in order to continue to obtain beneficial tax treatment. (All properly
completed forms must be received before January 1, 2013 to avoid the additional
IMPORTANT: To ensure that we apply the form to the correct account, please be
sure to enclose a completed copy of our cover sheet
with the form.
Please mail the form and the cover sheet to us at:
Attention: Corporate Actions
1005 North Ameritrade Place
Bellevue, NE 68005-4245