What do you mean "blocked without merits"?  The impact study is still sitting in the TAC with little chance of being approved in the current form, as it breaks several Romanian laws.  Moreover, RMGC cannot start the mining project before purchasing all the land involved.  They bought 80%, but have no chance to buy the remaining 20%, around 200 individual owners who will never sell.

The Romanian Government is not to blame for RMGC spending money before getting all the land and all the permits needed.  It was RMGC who risked the investors' money, therefore it is them who have to pay!