@ 2100 hrs. CST BBC reported that the rebels would not be confronted until Sept./Oct. next year (2013)because:
1. Who will pay for this intervention has not been decided.
2. Mali gov't army has to be rebuilt.
3. Tuareg or Al Qaida. There is a difference. Who do you go target.
4. Who will make up the force. Will the Mali gov't army be included.
5. Tuareg rebels have access to or otherwise acquired weapons from Libya including missiles & the missiles are the problem. Does an African force have the ability to take on missiles.
6. Political will from African countries to confront rebels regardless of what they call themselves (Al shabab, Tuareg, Al Qaida) is lacking.