Gather Ark 88 is a tax expert. I have a question, and at some point please send me the bill: if I create an artificial loss and 30 calendar days pass in the same year, buy the shares back and have capital gains, in the same year, can I balance gains against losses for the same tax year or it has to be a different calendar year? Will the tax department recognize the loss as legitimate or brand it "artificial" and disqualify it. Thanks in advance.