Site Manager (Administrative)
About the Unit
YARA has a joint venture company in Ethiopia viz. ETHIOPOTASH BV.
Ethiopotash is working to develop a potash resource in Dallol based on the mining and exploration permits held through the company’s subsidiary. In this regard, we are looking to set up a project group, with locations in Addis Ababa and Dallol to work on the project.
The project is looking for Site Manager located in DALLOL (Afar Region) for a short term assignment ending June 2013.
- Represent Ethioptash BV on site and with regional stake holders.
- Coordinate activities performed by service providers and contractors on site.
- Security management
- Management of external stakeholders in line with the company’s starategy.
- Assure compliance to all Yara HESQ standards.
- Contract management and supervision of the main service provider at site.
- Responsible for Ethiopotash’s personnel at site.
- Management of assets and infrastructure
- Assure appropriate procurement and personnel to support the drilling and other site activities
- Cost and budgeting for site services and infrastructure.
- Manage and control expenditure according to budgets
- Assure compliance with all administrative and reporting requirements
- Reporting progress on operational work
- Assure a good working environment at site.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
- Specialisation within Project Management is an advantage
- Specialisation within HESQ is an advantage
- Minimum : 10 years relevant experience
- Experience in operations management on remote construction site or remote mining operations is an advantage
- HR responsibility
Ethiopia / Dallol